As I’ve mentioned previously, I am still (and forever will be) on a journey to reparent myself. Between the last time I did an episode on this topic and now, I have made some really radical and impactful internal changes that have made an enormous difference in my life. This week’s episode 212 of the Fragmented to Whole Podcast is about nine new methods I’ve learned for reparenting and how they’ve affected me!
Support the show by becoming a Patreon member!
In this episode of the Fragmented to Whole Podcast, I’m sharing the importance of connecting deeply to your inner child and actionable steps you can use to heal your inner child’s wounds.
The nine new methods I use that I share in this episode include:
- Making consistent, conscious contact with your inner family members.
- Make small promises to your inner child and keep them.
- Get a picture of your inner child or inner teenager to make conscious contact.
- Find a safe place in your mind where you can go and feel safe with your inner family.
- Bring your inner critical parent to your safe place with you and see what happens.
- Play with toys, do a craft, or listen to music as a way to connect with your inner child and tap into those feelings.
- Allow your inner child and/or inner teenager to safely express their feelings and then soothe and affirm them as they do it.
- Interact lovingly with your inner critical parent so they see if there’s an inner loving parent present and are more likely to step aside than if you were to try to strong-arm them into giving up their role.
- Stop resisting and feel the damn feelings.
Be sure to tune in to all the episodes to receive tons of practical tips on living a more whole life and to hear even more about the points outlined above.
Thank you for listening! If you enjoyed this episode, take a screenshot of the episode to post in your stories and tag me! And don’t forget to follow, rate and review the podcast and tell me your key takeaways!
Learn more about Fragmented to Whole at https://higherpowercc.com/podcast/
LINKS MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
Ep. 181. 5 Methods for Reparenting Myself: What That Looks Like for Me
Ep. 205. 24 Ways Adult Child Traits Show Up in The Workplace – Part 1
Ep. 206. 24 Ways Adult Child Traits Show Up in The Workplace – Part 2
Adult Children of Alcoholics and Dysfunctional Families (ACA or ACOA)Adult Child podcast episode with Susan Anderson “The Outer Child and Abandonment Trauma”
CONNECT WITH BARB NANGLE:
Subscribe to “Friday Fragments” weekly newsletter
Find this helpful? Share with a friend:
Like what you've read and heard?
Try subscribing to my monthly newsletter, "Happy, Joyous and Free."
It will help you change your dysfunctional patterns of behavior.
Want to chat with me about your boundaries? Hop onto my calendar here for a free 30-minute Better Boundaries call.