Last week I shared the first 8 of 16 things I learned about self love through recovery. If you haven’t yet, I want to encourage you to go back and listen to that episode first. Episode 137 of the Fragmented to Whole Podcast is about the other 8 of 16 total self love lessons I learned through recovery!
In this episode of the Fragmented to Whole Podcast, I’m sharing the importance of self love and the lessons I learned throughout my recovery process; part 2.
The other 8 ways I learned self-love through recovery include:
- Asking for help and allowing others to love me; if you need help learning how to ask for help, I would love for you to check out this article: How to Start Asking for Help When You’ve Never Done It.
- Being present; being aware and grounded in my body
- Using gentle language with myself; if you’ve followed the podcast for any length of time, you know I swear a lot. However, after recovery I found that unintentionally I wasn’t swearing at myself when I screwed up any more.
- Boundaries; setting healthy boundaries was something that became easier and easier the more I did it because I felt better about myself by standing up for myself each time I set boundaries.
- Giving myself peace; for me, that means doing all the things on this list and more so that I feel peaceful.
- Stopping the negative self-talk; recovery taught me that I had negative self-talk beliefs that were “the truth”. I discuss many ways I manage these beliefs and how I am teaching myself to believe differently.
- Using Affirmations; you don’t have to believe them, you just have to say them and you will eventually come to believe them.If you need help with affirming ourselves, check out this episode: https://higherpowercc.com/2020/11/05/bonus-episode-2-affirmations-for-addicts/
- Stopping myself from violating my own values, such as littering and lying.
What’s on your list? What have you done to love and grow yourself? So be sure to tune in to all the episodes to receive tons of practical tips on living a more whole life and to hear even more about the points outlined above.
What is Fragmented to Whole: Life Lessons from 12 Step Recovery?
This is the podcast “Fragmented to Whole: Life Lessons from 12 Step Recovery.” It will help people who want to heal to move from fragmented to whole.
Hi, I’m Barb! I share my experience, strength and hope from 12 step recovery in each episode. They’re all 20 minutes or less. Unlike most recovery podcasts where you hear a person’s whole story, in this one each episode is about a specific topic.
There are many life lessons from 12 step recovery that are applicable to those in and outside of recovery. This podcast brings some of those lessons to the airwaves, including such topics as learning acceptance, recognizing and overcoming victim mentality and establishing healthy boundaries.
Find this helpful? Share with a friend:
Like what you've read and heard?
Try subscribing to my monthly newsletter, "Happy, Joyous and Free."
It will help you change your dysfunctional patterns of behavior.
Want to chat with me about your boundaries? Hop onto my calendar here for a free 30-minute Better Boundaries call.