Feed Your Creativity * Boost Your Productivity * Develop Sustainable Good Habits * Become Energized and Inspired * Bond with a Community of Women
If you've been waiting for The Right Time - this is it!!
Fulfill your need for both solitude AND companionship with those who understand what drives you.
You’ll come away refreshed, energized, filled with enthusiasm, with a sh*tload of content and bonded to a community of women content creators!
The Five Pillars of the Write Time Retreat
Pillar #1: Feed Your Creativity
- Experience nutritious foods that fuel you and don’t weigh you down
- Embody fun and relaxation to give your mind a break
- Create synergy with other women creators
- Engage in health and fitness activities that relax, nourish and sustain you
- Bond with the muse thru yoga, meditation, creating crafts, walking on the gorgeous grounds of the conference center during peak foliage season in northwest Connecticut
Pillar #2: Boost Your Productivity
- Step away from the distractions of everyday life so you can get super-focused to tap into the potential inside you as you create content for your business and clients
- Experience a combination of structured and unstructured time to give your mind a break but also keep it focused
- Kickstart that project you’ve been “waiting for the right time” to get started or to take across the finish line
- Be surrounded by other creators in the process of creation which will push you to do more
- Build momentum that launches you into the winter season of writing
Pillar #3: Develop Sustainable Good Habits
- Hold yourself accountable for your time with the help of others
- Plan before you work
- Stay focused on one task at a time
- Learn what works for you in the context of the retreat so you can take home a routine that you can protect and cherish
Pillar #4: Become Energized and Inspired
- Motivation and inspiration from Barb and other retreat members
- Make an investment in yourself and your craft by devoting time, energy, love and commitment to content creation
- Draw inspiration from your retreat peers
- Get saturated with creative energy and inspiration as you share your work and others share theirs
- Dive into health and fitness activities that revitalize you
Pillar #5: Build and Bond with a Community
- You’ll be surrounded by women who are also committed to building their business and their brand
- Make life-long friends
- Share your fears and your challenges with similarly committed and productive others who will challenge you to step out of your comfort zone
- Have fun outdoors, doing crafts, playing board games, having dance parties, watching movies…
What people are saying...
"The schedule was thoughtfully created, there was relaxation and play with pockets of productivity that actually allowed me to truly relax because I am here to retreat and rest, I am also getting work done. Which is essentially the only way I can really relax haha." ~ M.
"I liked that it was a small intimate group it fosters vulnerability, camaraderie, accountability, and visibility," ~ S.S.
"Thank you so much for putting this together. I know this was pro bono for you and I want you to know that it has truly been impactful for me. I am coming out of this not only with new friends and connections but with a clearer picture of the online presence of my company and an excellent structure to set up my daily schedule. THANK YOU INFINITELY!" ~ S.T.
"[What I liked most was] Being with others who are up to doing things in their lives. Being able to get stuff done and meet people and have fun!! Great IDEA!" ~ L.
Screenshot on the left says, "Hi Barb! I wanted to tell you that i went through the whole gift bag again last night and how my goodness. Every little piece is so thoughtful and so perfect for this weekend and the intentions that we've made moving forward. The notebook is amazing, all the handwritten quotes, I can't wait to start using it and seeing what moment i get which quote. So so so utterly beautiful I am surrounded by all the little pieces of the gift bag today and it makes me so happy! And the inscription on the back of the butterlfy was such a surprise. You know, every time I read the words "you are loved" I hear them in your voice ❤️" ~ M.
October 2023 All-Inclusive Retreat Schedule
This all-inclusive retreat is structured in such a way as to maximize both productivity and time to rejuvenate and get inspired.
15 This retreat includes 8 hours of *focused* content creation time in a pleasure-filled weekend! This is the schedule in brief. If you'd like a more detailed schedule, please email Barb here.
MONDAY, OCTOBER 23, 2023
1:00-2:00 Arrival and check-in
2:00-3:30 Welcome, orientation and prep talk
3:30-4:30 Introspection and Intention Setting
4:30-5:00 Free Time
5:00-6:00 Group Manifestation
7:30-8:30 Content Creation Time
8:30-11:00 Pleasure Break
11:00 Lights Out
TUESDAY, OCTOBER 24, 2023
8:30-8:45 Prep talk
8:45-9:00 Guided Visualization Exercise
9:00-11:00 Content Creation
1:00-3:00 Content Creation
4:00-5:30 Content Creation
5:30-6:00 Free Time
7:30-11:00 Pleasure Break
11:00 Lights Out
WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 24, 2023
8:30-9:00 Guided Visualization
9:00-11:00 Content Creation
12:00-2:00 Extended Lunch
2:00-4:00 Content Creation
4:00-4:30 Free Time
4:30-6:00 Content Creation
7:30-11:00 Pleasure Break
11:00 Lights Out
THURDAY, OCTOBER 25, 2023
9:30-12:00 Content Creation
1:00-2:00 Content Creation
2:00-3:00 Intention Setting and Future Connections
3:00-3:30 Closing Ritual
What's Included in Your All-Inclusive Retreat
- 15 hours of focused content creation time surrounded by pleasurable activities
- Delicious healthy food
- Lodging at the Silver Lake Conference Center in Sharon, CT during peak foliage season
- Welcome bag with goodies, self-care items, and journaling materials
- Optional yoga sessions
- Group time for bonding as well as opportunities for solo time
- Relaxing and fun activities like games, crafts, walking on the conference center grounds, dancing, playing, chatting...
What are the lodging arrangements?
The retreat will take place at the Silver Lake Conference Center in Sharon, CT during peak foliage season. We will be housed in the Retreat Center at Silver Lake. There are shared bedrooms with two women per room and bathrooms will be shared between roommates. There are ADA rooms available. Please note that the conference center, as well as your host have an open and affirming perspective and believe if promoting diversity, equity and inclusion. If that's not your vibe, you probably shouldn't attend this retreat.
What will the food be like?
Nutritious and delicious meals will be catered by the Silver Lake Conference Center Chef Lynne Botteger. The food will be served buffet style so you'll have a couple of options for each meal, including plant-based foods. There will be plenty of healthy snacks and beverages available. When you register, you'll have the opportunity to share any food restrictions you have and Lynne will take those into consideration when creating the menu.
What COVID precautions will be taken?
All those attending must have proof of vaccination, as per Silver Lake Conference Center policy. You'll submit that during the registration process which you'll do on the SLC website.
What do you mean by "content creator"?
It's anything that you could use 15 hours of focused work time to create. This could be writing, graphic design, creating your social media content or plan, planning your yoga classes. If the setting and the design of the retreat seem like the kind of environment in which you could get a lot of shit done, then it's for you!
What if I'm creating audio or video content, will there be a private space for me to do that without being disturbed or disturbing others?
Yes. You can find private space during the content creation time for creating audios and or videos. However, the spaces are not sound-proofed.
What will Barb be working on?
I'll be working on the book about my 6-week solo road trip I took in a camper van out west in the fall of 2018. The van was such a piece of shit that in the first 2.5 weeks it broke down so much that it saw four mechanics and the owner I rented it from put over $2000 in repairs into it. I ended up ditching it in Holbrook, AZ and getting a different vehicle to continue my trip, then flying home. And yet, it was still a fantastic trip!
Is the space handicap accessible?
How many people will be there?
There will need to be a minimum of 10 people registered and there will be a maximum of 20.
I'd like to see pictures of the space before booking, how can I do that?
There are lots pictures of Silver Lake Conference Center (including the grounds and the facilities) on their website. You can also check their Facebook page and their Instagram page.
What are the yoga sessions with Sara Billings going to be like?
On Tuesday evening and Wednesday morning, everyone will have the option to attend yoga classes with Sara. Sara has been teaching movement her whole life. She comes from a ballet background then moved into fitness. Yoga has brought all the different movements together for her. She'll be teaching a restorative yoga class early Tuesday evening and a Vinyasa Flow class on Wed. morning before breakfast.
How do I get to Silver Lake Conference Center?
Driving directions to Silver Lake are here. If you'll be flying in, the closest airport is Bradley International Airport (BDL) which is a 1.5-2 hour drive. If you let us know when you'll be flying in, we can try to connect you with others who are flying in to arrange shared ground transportation to reduce your costs and environmental impact.