Feed Your Creativity * Boost Your Productivity * Develop Sustainable Good Habits * Become Energized and Inspired * Build and Bond with a Community
The November 2021 is sold out!
There will be additional retreats in 2022, dates and location TBD
The Five Pillars of the Write Time Retreat
Pillar #1: Feed Your Creativity
- Experience nutritious foods that fuel you and don’t weigh you down
- Embody fun and relaxation to give your mind a break
- Create synergy with other women creators
- Engage in health and fitness activities that relax, nourish and sustain you
- Bond with the muse thru yoga, meditation, creating crafts, walking on the seashore or in one of three parks within walking distance
Pillar #2: Boost Your Productivity
- Step away from the distractions of everyday life so you can get super-focused to tap into the potential inside you as you create content for your business and clients
- Experience a combination of structured and unstructured time to give your mind a break but also keep it focused
- Kickstart that project you’ve been “waiting for the right time” to get started or to take across the finish line
- Be surrounded by other creators in the process of creation which will push you to do more
- Build momentum that launches you into the winter season of writing
Pillar #3: Develop Sustainable Good Habits
- Hold yourself accountable for your time with the help of others
- Plan before you work
- Stay focused on one task at a time
- Learn what works for you in the context of the retreat so you can take home a routine that you can protect and cherish
Pillar #4: Become Energized and Inspired
- Motivation and inspiration from Barb and other retreat members
- Make an investment in yourself and your craft by devoting time, energy, love and commitment to content creation
- Draw inspiration from your retreat peers
- Get saturated with creative energy and inspiration as you share your work and others share theirs
- Dive into health and fitness activities that revitalize you
Pillar #5: Build and Bond with a Community
- You’ll be surrounded by women who are also committed to building their business and their brand
- Make life-long friends
- Share your fears and your challenges with similarly committed and productive others who will challenge you to step out of your comfort zone
- There will be a Facebook group for those who attend this retreat that will continue so we can support each other between retreats
- Have fun outdoors, doing crafts, playing board games, having dance parties, watching movies…
What people are saying...
"The schedule was thoughtfully created, there was relaxation and play with pockets of productivity that actually allowed me to truly relax because I am here to retreat and rest, I am also getting work done. Which is essentially the only way I can really relax haha."
"I liked that it was a small intimate group it fosters vulnerability, camaraderie, accountability, and visibility,"
"Thank you so much for putting this together. I know this was pro bono for you and I want you to know that it has truly been impactful for me. I am coming out of this not only with new friends and connections but with a clearer picture of the online presence of my company and an excellent structure to set up my daily schedule. THANK YOU INFINITELY!"
"[What I liked most was] Being with others who are up to doing things in their lives. Being able to get stuff done and meet people and have fun!! Great IDEA!"
Screenshot on the left says, "Hi Barb! I wanted to tell you that i went through the whole gift bag again last night and how my goodness. Every little piece is so thoughtful and so perfect for this weekend and the intentions that we've made moving forward. The notebook is amazing, all the handwritten quotes, I can't wait to start using it and seeing what moment i get which quote. So so so utterly beautiful I am surrounded by all the little pieces of the gift bag today and it makes me so happy! And the inscription on the back of the butterlfy was such a surprise. You know, every time I read the words "you are loved" I hear them in your voice ❤️"
November 2021 Retreat Schedule
Future retreats will be structured and priced differently as they will no longer be held at my home. This schedule is here to provide an example of what future retreats will include.
This retreat includes 8 hours of *focused* content creation time in a pleasure-filled weekend!
FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 5, 2021
7:00 p.m. Arrival
7:30-8:00 Prep talk: Overview of the retreat and what to expect
8:00-8:30 Introspection & Intention Setting Ritual: Set Your Work Boundaries for the Retreat.
Break your project down into 8 one-hour chunks so you know what you’re working on
during each of the content creation sessions
8:30-9:00 Group Manifestation: Share out loud what you plan to manifest by the end of the
9:00-11:00 Bonding Break. Possible activities include: * Friday night dance party! * Wind down with
yoga * Crafting * Board games * Late night beach walk
Optional Evening Meditation
11:00 Rest and relaxation
SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 6, 2021
Optional Morning Meditation
Bonding and fueling breakfast catered by Vegan Ahava
9:00-9:10 Prep talk
9:10-9:30 Silent visualization session. Spend time thinking about what you want to create. This
should be done in complete silence (no music, not even with earbuds). This time is to
help you get clarity about what you want to create. Be sure to stay on topic during the
full 20 minutes. Write down your ideas that come up. Do this anywhere you’d like inside
9:30-11:30 Content Creation Session. Writing, graphic design, audio or video creation, painting,
drawing, etc. This time is sacrosanct! Content creation only. Get your drinks and go to
the bathroom before you begin. All mobile devices go in the bin. You’ll all work in
silence. If you’d like to listen to music on your computer, please use earbuds.
11:30-12:30 Coaching session. What’s coming up for you and what do you need help on? What
was the thinking time like? What are you struggling with (what are the thoughts)?
12:30-1:30 Bonding and fueling nutritious lunch catered by Vegan Ahava, possible walk
on the beach
1:30-3:00 Content Creation Session
3:00-4:00 Sharing and Bonding Session
4:00-5:30 Content Creation
5:30-6:30 Free time
6:30-7:30 Bonding and fueling with nutritious dinner catered by Vegan Ahava
7:30-11:00 Pleasure Break. Chaila of Bodyworkers will be here to provide 30 minutes of
private time per creator for massage, reiki, yoga or fitness. There will be relaxing
music in the background. While private sessions with Chaila are going on,
options include group or solo time including coaching, chatting, bonding, playing
games, dancing, crafting while private sessions are happening
11:00 Rest and relaxation time
SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 7, 2021
Optional Morning Meditation
Bonding and fueling breakfast catered by Vegan Ahava
9:00-10:00 Bonding & Sharing Session. Share excerpts of your creations, what’s coming up for
you? What else might you need help on?
10:00-12:00 Content Creation Session
12:00-2:00 Long, leisurely nutritious lunch catered by Vegan Ahava
2:00-3:00 Content Creation Session
3:00-4:30 Bonding & Sharing Session. Intention-setting for the future: What do you need to stay
connected to yourself and the group?
4:30-5:00 Closing Ceremony Ritual
There will be an optional "Tea Time with Barb" on Sunday, Oct. 31 from 4-5:00 p.m. at Barb's place so we can all connect and get a tour of the space and area.
What's Included in Your Retreat Ticket
- 8-hrs of focused content creation time surrounded by pleasurable activities
- An alumni Facebook Group so you can be supported and keep the good habits you created during the retreat
- Free delicious healthy food catered by Vegan Ahava
- Free lodging across the street from the New Haven Harbor Beaches (at my townhouse)
- Welcome bag with goodies, self-care items, and journaling materials
- A 30-min private session with Chaila of Body Workers (massage, reiki, yoga, or other fitness activity)
- Goup time for bonding as well as opportunities for solo time
- Relaxing and fun activities like games, crafts, walking by the seaside, dancing, playing, chatting...
NOTE: These FAQ's pertain to the founding retreat that was held at my home. These are listed here as a reference and will change for future retreats.
What COVID precautions will be taken?
This will depend on the public health conditions at the time of the retreat. All those attending will need to provide proof of COVID vaccination in order to attend. Masks will likely need to be worn while inside.
What are the sleeping arrangements?
The retreat will take place in my home which is not a hotel! There will be three options for sleeping (see this link for photos): the couch in my office, the ottoman fold-out bed in the sitting room in the basement, and space for two to share my Queen-Sized Sleep Number bed in my bedroom (if two people end up sharing it, they will each get at $25 refund). I'll be sleeping on the couch in the living room.
What will the food be like?
Nutritious and delicious meals will be catered by Poreyah Benton of Vegan Ahava. You'll have a couple of options for each meal which you'll choose ahead of time. There will be plenty of healthy snacks available, as well as filtered water, coffee and tea.
What are the private sessions with Chaila from Bodyworkers going to be like?
On Saturday night, each person will have their own private time with Chaila for 30 minutes. Chaila is a multi-talented bodyworker who does therapeutic massage, Reiki, fitness instruction and yoga. You'll choose which activity you want to do with Chaila ahead of time. Chaila is bringing a massage table and will set it up in my office on the second floor. The rest of us will have the remainder of the townhouse in which to chill out, either as a group or alone. Options include craft making, game playing, evening walks on the beach, chatting, watching a movie...
What if I'm creating audio or video content, will there be a private space for me to do that without being disturbed or disturbing others?
Yes. Up to two people can have private space during the content creation time for creating audios and or videos. However, the spaces are not sound-proofed and will be used for other things (like sleeping arrangements or crafting) when we're not creating content. That means you can't leave your equipment in that space the whole time.
Is the space handicap accessible?
Unfortunately, it is not.
What if I have to cancel?
Cancellations made by Oct. 22, 2021 will be fully refunded. After that, only 50% refunds will be given.
Will there be a waiting list?
I can't make it to this retreat but would love to come another time! Is there another one scheduled?
There will be more retreats, but nothing is scheduled yet. If you'd like to attend a retreat in the future, please email Barb at this link to let her know you're interested and she'll put you on the email list to be notified.
Will future retreats take place at Barb's home?
This founding retreat will be the only one taking place at Barb's home. This is a proof-of-concept retreat which is why the price is so low. Future retreats will be held at a retreat center, an AirBnB or some other location and the price will reflect that.
Where can I find out more about the retreat vendors?
Vegan Ahava is a food truck that will soon be opening a storefront and is run by Poreyah Benton. She doesn't normally cater events such as this but is making an exception!
BodyWorkers is the for-profit business associated with The Green Peacock non-profit organization, both run by Chaila Gilliams. The Green Peacock is a health and wellness 501(c)(3) that provides physical interactive fitness programs on-site and virtually for youth with special emphasis on inner-city and minorities to encourage physical and mental well-being.
Both of these vendors are graduates of the first cohort of the Knownpreneurs Growth Lab.
I'd like to see pictures of the space before booking, how can I do that?
Click this link to see photos of the sleeping area and of the immediate neighborhood.
Get Your Ticket!
$325 for everything!
If you choose and receive shared sleeping arrangements, you'll get a $25 refund
WAITLIST ONLY AVAILABLE AS OF 10/16/21 - Click here to email Barb to let her know you want to be on the waiting list.
ONLY 4 SPOTS ARE AVAILABLE! Book now!
To register, book a 15-min call with Barb and pay when you book the call. On the call, you'll meet Barb and the two of you will determine if the retreat is a good fit for you. If either of you decide it's not, you'll get a full refund.
For those who book the retreat, full refunds will be given through Oct. 22. After that, only half the fee ($162.50) will be refunded.